Key results from the research carried out in TRANSFORM were presented at this year’s eris@ Annual Conference. The conference was used extensively to discuss implications of the research for regional policy-making in Europe and beyond.
eris@ Annual Conference 2008
"Opportunities and Rewards for Regional Development through ICT: New Paradigms – New Challenges" 11-13 June 2008, Newport, Wales
The conference attracted the participation of 250 delegates from the EU-27 and other European regions. The event provided an important opportunity for regions to share their experiences, to exchange good practice, and to build new collaborative projects - as well as to debate some of the strategic policy issues and associated technology challenges that they face.
The conference offered a combination of strategic and thematic perspectives and was intended to appeal to a wide range of individuals including:
- European, national and regional policy decision makers;
- Information society practitioners;
- Those responsible for regional development;
- Members of the European networks and projects concerned with local and regional development and the information and knowledge based society;
- The academic and research community with an interest in regional development and the information society;
- The European ICT industry.
For more information, including the proceedings, presentation slides and the conference “Wales Declaration on eInclusion”, please contact the Conference Website